Monday, April 26, 2010

Positive Thinking and success

Do you believe in positive thinking? Well for it having an effect on your mind and spirit for the short term, absolutely. It does have an effect, but the problem with positive thinking is that it gets you to sit and dream, to mask realities and substitute your dreams to the reality.

For instance, I can feel positive about myself, the work I have done, the education I have undertaken, and this will make me feel good, and feeling good can either lead me to do something good out of self-confidence, or to sit and relax and do nothing :) Still, if I do not get my feet on the ground and evaluate myself, work and education pragmatically, I may become as fat as a pig, I may lose my job, and I can end up broke or jobless. This doesn't mean that I should be negative either. I neither need to be positive nor negative, I can be just normal thinking and outcome and action driven... This in my opinion what can lead to success, and not positive thinking. And when I say action, I mean motion, trial and error, because I believe in making mistakes and correcting them. I even believe that learning = 0 if one makes no mistakes.

There is no such thing as having a skill or knowing something without making mistakes and learning from these, and obviously our education (school and family) puts us in the wrong direction when it comes to making mistakes. We grow up and we become adults while developing the feeling that mistakes are wrong, that we should avoid them at all costs, and thus we grow up unable to take risks, unable to do anything, immobilized by our fears, and waiting at anytime for failure to show its head. Positive thinking while it can deliver us from this fear feeling, cannot by itself lead us to make change, to take action or to be outcome driven, we need other tools for that.

For one of these tools, check the Ultimate Success Formula, it's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment